If you need a new grill, you’re probably considering your options, and one unique type of grill that you might be familiar with is the infrared grill. This type of high-tech grilling machine is designed to harness the power of light to offer fast cooking times and minimal clean-up! Furthermore, these products are designed to be quite efficient, which helps to protect the planet and save you money! Here’s what you need to know about this one of a kind technology:
- Know how infrared grills work
- Know how to pick the best infrared grill model for you
- Familiarize yourself with the different models on the market
- Become familiar with the differences between infrared and gas grill
- How to decide whether an infrared grill is right for you
What you’re probably wondering is exactly how they work, and this guide will show you the answer to that question and more. Not only will you learn how infrared grills work, but it will also show you how to pick one out, use one, and what you can expect to pay. In fact, this guide contains some of the most important to know information for grill buyers:
How Can a Grill Cook Food With Light?
An infrared grill uses a specialized frequency of light, sometimes referred to as radiant heat or infrared energy, which is designed to cook just about anything to perfection! That’s because it is the same frequency of electromagnetic radiation that a conventional grill would generate, and it’s the frequency of radiant heat that determines how your food will be cooked. Therefore, it functions as a real grill without the flame!
How Much Electricity Do Infrared Grills Need?
This varies from one product to another, but all infrared grills are designed with energy efficiency in mind. Therefore, you can expect them to use a relatively small amount of electricity, which means that these grills are more environmentally friendly than their conventional counterparts.
What is an Infrared Grill Used to Cook?
An infrared grill can be used to cook all of the same things that a conventional grill can. This includes steaks, burgers, and just about everything else. Here are a few examples of the things that you can cook on one:
- Burgers and steaks
- Hot dogs and sausages
- A grilled cheese sandwich
- Other grilled and fried dishes
Are Infrared Grills Used By Top Chefs?
The fact is that infrared grills are used by top chefs and backyard chefs alike . Furthermore, it’s possible to ensure that your infrared grill cooks meals just as well as a conventional one would. Therefore, it’s important to follow the tips recommended by top chefs when you’re using an infrared grill:
- Always make sure that you properly maintain and use your grill.
- Be aware of the cooking temperatures of different meats.
How Large are Infrared Grills?
The size varies considerably from one product to another, but they are often designed to be quite portable. This means that they’re fairly lightweight and easy to handle compared to most conventional grills, such as gas grills and charcoal grills.
How Much Can You Save on Fuel Expenses?
Due to the fact that infrared grills do not require combustible fuel combustible fuel  it’s possible to save quite a lot of money. In fact, it can cost as much as $30 per refill of a propane tank. If you do a lot of grilling, that can add up quickly, but the cost of fuel will always be zero if you use an infrared heat in your grill!
Owners of restaurants and other individuals who use a grill very frequently throughout the day can save an incredible amount of money by switching to infrared technology. In fact, the cost of fuel for someone who uses a grill multiple times a day can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars per month!
How Long Can You Expect it to Last?
The length of time that the product lasts varies from one design to another. In many cases, a properly maintained infrared grill will last for years! So, you’ll be able to enjoy lots of cookouts this summer and during many upcoming summers! However, ensuring that your infrared grill lasts as long as possible means that you need to properly maintain it, and this guide will show you how to do just that.
How Can You Properly Maintain One?
If you’re looking for a grill that’s easy to maintain, you should strongly consider getting an infrared product. That’s because infrared grills are built to last. You can rest assured that they utilize advanced technology and are typically exceptionally well built compared to a majority of other grills. These are a few of the most important maintenance tips that you need to follow:
- Always ensure that you replace any parts as soon as you notice a problem with your new grill, and make sure that the replacement part you pick is right for your grill.
- Make sure that you ensure that water remains off the plug and other electrical parts of your grill.
- Infrared grills use frequencies of light that are not visible to the unaided eye, which means that it can be difficult to know whether or not it’s working properly from looking at it. Therefore, it’s best to make note of how well it cooks food. This is the best indicator of how well it’s working.
Are infrared grills better than regular gas grills?
In many ways, infrared grills are far better than conventional gas grills. However, there are unique advantages and disadvantages to each. Though, infrared products are generally considered to be of higher quality. Here’s why it’s usually better to pick an infrared grill as opposed to one that’s powered by gas:
- Gas grills use a highly combustible fuel, which can create a fire and explosion hazard under some circumstances. Luckily, this is not an issue with infrared grills. These products use exclusively electricity and do not require any combustible fuel.
- Infrared grills are easy to transport in many cases. That’s because you won’t need to lug around a full tank of fuel with the product, which can make them well suited for outdoor cooking recreations.
Do infrared grills require electricity?
While they do use electricity, there are different places that the power can come from. This includes outlets that are connected to the grid, but there are other places it can come from as well. These are a few of the best ways that you can create a truly environmentally friendly grill by using green energy:
- Infrared grills can be connected to solar panels. This will ensure that your grill is extremely environmentally friendly.
- It’s possible to adjust the power on many infrared grills, which makes it possible to easily lower the amount of electricity that you use.
- Infrared grills sometimes come with built-in mechanisms that reduce your overall power usage. Choosing a product that has these mechanisms can lower your electricity costs and reduce your impact on the environment.
What are the benefits of an infrared grill?
If you’re looking for an exceptional grill, then an infrared grill is certainly a better choice than most conventional gas or charcoal grills, and there are several reasons for this. Here’s what you need to know about these products:
- You can significantly reduce the amount of time that it takes to cook your favorite foods. In fact, infrared grills offer exceptionally fast cooking times.
- If you like your food well done, then an infrared grill could be just what you need. That’s because it’s possible to cook food well much more quickly than you could with a conventional grill.
- Using an infrared grill reduces the risk of suffering burns while grilling. That’s because these products are designed to prevent fires and flare-ups!
How does IR grill work?
If you’re looking for infrared grills, it’s important to know how they work. Most of these products use the same mechanism. Here’s what you need to know about how they work:
- Infrared grills use coils, which are similar to those in an electric fireplace or space heater. These coils generate heat, and this is emitted in the form of infrared energy or light.
- The grill is designed to make a tight seal, and this reduces the amount of hot air that escapes the grill. Therefore, you can rest assured that the product will be as efficient as possible.
- The coils will glow, but they are typically covered by a glass covering. This reduces the risk of burns.
How Popular are Infrared Grills?
Not only are they extremely popular, but they are considered to be some of the best products on the market. In fact, many top chefs prefer infrared grills over conventional ones, and this is due to the fast cooking time, ease of use, and environmentally friendly design of these products.